Google

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Practice makes perfect!

Today was a very long day. Extremely long, in fact. From three o' clock onwards, it was full systems go as far as the band was concerned. We had the band meeting, and all other little bits and pieces aside like who's going to be doing the Myspace and the blog (Mike for the Myspace, Me for the Blog) and who's getting our official website names (Coran), the the big next step has been decided. We now need to gig! So be expecting posts before, on and after that fateful day which should be decided in the next week.

Then after that, there was an extremely long practice where we tentatively made a few forays into new material; One new song we have is a love song dedicated to Hailey Williams. We have unimaginatively called it "Paramour." You'll notice that that is the correct spelling. My Girlfriend who knew about the existence of the song was a little jealous of it, and now probably regrets the decision to come to the jam with us today. :-) Part of me always wanted to date a rock star of some description, and before myself and Sarah got together, those rock stars of some description had included Christina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil, Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy, and of course, Hailey from Paramore. However, Sarah's told me that dating rock stars is not really all that fun, and once on the road apparently even the nicest and quietest people turn into arseholes, but here (http://punkinwriting.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html) is a definitive list of why. It's written from a womans point of view, but you only really have to replace "he" with "she." People will probably point out that this is also written from the point of view of a strong, confident woman, and I say so? I give everyone I meet the benefit of of the doubt about being strong, confident and self assured regardless of gender until they give me reason to assume otherwise.

Aside from that, today was just extremely tiring. By the time I got home, it was about Ten, so it's been about six or seven hours worth of hard, totally band related slog, so I've been unwinding since then with internet related shenanigans and Wii related injury. All in all, a good day!

That's about it from me, but I'm going to start a little Sunday tradition. Every time I find something hilarious on the net, whether it's a picture, article or video, I'll post it up on the blog for all to see. This week, it's only going to be a link, because it's a web comic, and probably the best one that tackles video games. I know that there are hundreds of these fucking things out there, but this one is honestly awesome. It's well drawn, updated very regularly, and scripted very well. Most web comics are a pile of shite, so if it ends up being linked here, the chance are, it's not.

http://fanboys-online.com/

No comments: