Google

Monday, February 11, 2008

Long goodbyes


I have always hated goodbyes. I turn into a soppy little man anytime I have to say goodbye to anyone I have grown fond of.
This is happening now, as I speak. The hairy miscreant in the photo is at this moment playing Wii next to me. He wasn't even my friend to begin with; He was just some dude that my house mates had known for years who would come around periodically and get wasted with us. He was a cool guy, but no one I ever thought I'd really end up missing. But because he has now been a Sheffield native for such a long time, his visits were few and far between and always involved a legendary level of drunkenness. I started opening up to him which is usually really hard for me to do, but he's so cool and chilled out that it didn't phase him at all to hear all of the stuff that tends to come pouring out of me when I'm wasted (I'm a very confessional drunk).

Now he's going to be away in China for a year doing God knows what.... I know I should be more aware of what he's doing out there. I think it's a teaching post of some description.... all that matters to me is that he's going.

I shouldn't get like this. I've seen so many people come and go, but I can't help it. It seems that every town I go to, I make really great and close friends, and they end up leaving at some point, leaving me to chase ghosts.

Bye Liam. We'll miss you.

No comments: