Google

Thursday, February 21, 2008





Mikes post...Today was a great day, albeit tiring.


I spent most of the day wandering around town with my girlfriend, who needed to buy some presents for a friends 21st birthday. We found some great items at the disney store, which is always fun to bimble around!


Charlotte then got a little stuck for gifts, so I suggested we order a special 'cookie' cake with 'Happy 21st' written on it.


An hour and a half later and there it was, looking yummy, full of milk chocolate cookie, with a vanilla covering!


All in all, walking around town for 3hours is great, except when you are shopping for someone else, mainly my partner and her friend. Guys, you know what i'm on about. But having M.E. and doing that much walking meant major burnout for me personally, which is not good considering I have a full day and evening of band related activities.


Yes, tomorrow we are recording some of our tracks live on video for uploading right here. Then in the evening having a band night out to show our faces in certain 'key' venues. The planning for the day has been arranged by our Drummer coran, so lets hope he hasn't got too much chaos planned. Either way, its an early night for me!


Last rehearsal, we played a song I had written in my head and it was all down within 15mins!


I guess when you really gel as a band, it's a whole lot easier for everything to go right. I know it won't all be plain sailing. There will be times when 1of us feels like they're burnt out, but i'm optimistic about that. Living with that kind of feeling everyday, one has to be, so you get used to working through, or around it. Even with major burnout, I still managed to pen ideas for a new song, which is reward enough, for working through the tiredness.


On a final note, I bought A lovelly pink - yes pink - address book for the band. It says 'Gold Digga' on the front, which I thought was an appropriate reminder of one of our goals!



I thought I would leave with a picture of the Hoff, I mean everyone remembers Baywatch right? Dare I mention Pamela Anderson? I never saw those pics she did for Playboy. However, I thought it fitting to leave with this picture because - just like the saying goes - 'i'll be ready'!



Until next time.....

No comments: